The GDP data of the US economy for the first quarter of 2016 is published, and the real GDP growth turned out to be 1.95% (year-on-year), slightly slowing down from 1.98% in the previous quarter.
As the economic growth in mid 2015 was greater than 2%, the figure indicates the economy has decelerated after the Fed ceased quantitative easing.
Continue reading 2016 1Q US GDP: the slowdown continues, justifying the weak dollar →
The Japanese government is planning the IPOs of Japan Post Holdings, Japan Post Bank and Japan Post Insurance. The total size of these IPOs is expected to be over $11 billions and will be one of the biggest IPOs in Japan’s history. The date of the IPO is the 4th of November.
Japan Post Holdings is a holding company that contains three other companies: Japan Post, Japan Post Bank and Japan Post Insurance. As it is legally determined that Japan Post Holdings must own 100% of the shares of Japan Post, the company engaged in the postal service, this time the government is selling the shares of the other three companies, including the holding company.
As the stock prices are already determined, this article aims to examine the valuations of the three firms.
Continue reading Japan Post IPO: Financials, valuation and prospectus →
On 14 Jul, the West and Iran agreed to freeze Iran’s nuclear programme and, in exchange, gradually relieve the sanctions on the Iranian economy.
This agreement allows Iran to export oils and natural gas to the western countries to increase the oil supply of the world, which has already been greater than the demands. Iran has the 4th greatest oil reserves and the 2nd greatest natural gas reserves in the world.
The oil prices have already been declining due to the US shale oil and Saudi Arabia refusing to decrease its production, but the markets haven’t fully reflected the benefit that oil tankers would get from the increasing oil supply.
Continue reading Iran nuclear deal and sanctions relief could boost oil tanker stocks →
Here are the reviews of the stocks introduced before:
The stock rose by 5.46% on Friday and the price is now ¥579. The volume has increased significantly. Goldman Sachs increased their short position by 4th, selling 4.51% of all the issued shares in total. Deutsche Bank also added their position, meaning they’re now being short squeezed. Continue reading Reviews: Wacom, Heiwa Real Estate, Gecina, CNNC International →
Wacom (TYO:6727), the Japanese exporter of graphics tablets introduced before, is now having the short selling of institutional investors. As of 30 May, Goldman Sachs has a short position corresponding to 4.04% of all the issued stocks, and Deutsche Bank has that of 1.31%, the total of which is 5.35%. Interestingly, after their short selling, Credit Suisse cut its price target from ¥800 to ¥460, with the stock price falling by 4.6% on the day, giving the rational investors a good opportunity to buy more. Continue reading How to short squeeze Goldman: How Wacom (TYO:6727) will overcome the short selling →
The following is the reviews of the stocks introduced before:
It has gone up averagely, although it’s still traded at an affordable price. If you bet on the ECB’s financial easing, this will be a better option than selling the euro. We need to note that if the ECB isn’t to start the QE next month, a good opportunity to buy this stock will come again between the next meeting of the ECB and the QE. Continue reading Followup: Gecina, CNNC International, Heiwa Real Estate →
Wacom Co., Ltd (TYO:6727)
Google Finance – Wacom Co., Ltd: TYO:6727 quotes & news
In the Japanese stock market, Japanese exporters have been depreciated due to the strengthened yen, but some of them are dumped too much. Especially Wacom, the graphics tablet maker that holds the 80% of the market share in their market, has been dumped to the price at which the stock was traded before Abenomics. Since then, however, the yen has been depreciated by 20%, and the company’s revenue has grown by 30%. This article explains why it’s a great buying opportunity, by mentioning the brilliant growth of the market of tablet computers, which affects the company’s revenue very much. Continue reading [Stock] Wacom (TYO:6727): A Japanese exporter depreciated to the level before Abenomics →
Google Finance – Gecina SA: EPA:GFC quotes & news
Gecina is a French REIT, and more than 80% of its portfolio is in Paris or Paris region.
Supposed high: €122.6 (P/B 1.2)
Supposed bottom: €81.8 (P/B 0.8)
Google Finance – CNNC International Limited: HKG:2302 quotes & news
CNNC International is a Chinese company engaged in uranium resources development and trading.
NAV per share: $1.94
Supposed bottom: $1.55 (P/B 0.8)
Heiwa Real Estate (TSE:8803)
Google Finance – Heiwa Real Estate Co Ltd: TYO:8803 quotes & news
Heiwa Real Estate is a Japanese property company.
NAV per share: ¥2,154.94
Supposed high: ¥2,155-¥2,586 (P/B 1.0-1.2)
Supposed bottom: ¥1,292 (P/B 0.6)